COVID Safe Information
Shore Leave Festival 2022 is taking place from 27 April – 1 May.
We are committed to keeping the Geraldton community safe by following WA Health Guidelines.
After detailed review and planning the Shore Leave team is confident that the festival will safely run and comply with all level 2 restrictions.
See the below information about what we’re doing, what you can do and what mandates we are required to abide by.
PROOF OF COVID-19 VACCINATION
Following the announcements from the State Government. Shore Leave will require proof of COVID-19 double vaccination status as a condition of entry for all Shore Leave Events.
Patrons aged 16 years and over must show proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status or a medical exemption, along with identification.
Our team will be checking proof of vaccinations upon entry. Please ensure you have the acceptable forms of proof ready to present.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
There are a few ways you can show your proof of vaccination:
- Download and set up the ServiceWA app before your visit. This app allows you to check in and show your proof of vaccination in one easy app! Click here to learn how to set it up.
- If you have downloaded the Express Plus Medicare app your vaccination certificate can be shown to our staff on your smartphone.
- If you have not downloaded this app, you will need to show one of the following in conjunction with valid ID:
- COVID-19 digital certificate
- a printed copy of your certificate
- Immunisation history statement
- Medical exemption (printed & digital)
International travellers who receive a recognised COVID-19 vaccine overseas can also show proof of their vaccination status or medical exemptions while in Western Australia.
Travellers vaccinated in other countries must present proof of vaccination in formats that meet particular criteria as determined by the Commonwealth.
WHAT IF I CANNOT PRESENT THIS?
If you are not able to present the above proof, we are unable to grant you entry to the festival event as per the current WA Government mandates.
If you have enquiries regarding proof of vaccination for ticket holders please get in touch with us before the event at email@example.com
Customers who are refused entry to the venue may not receive a refund.
OTHER COVID-SAFE MEASURES
YOU SHOULD NOT ATTEND ANY SHORE LEAVE EVENTS IF YOU:
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 or are waiting on COVID-19 test results;
- Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19;
- Have visited a exposure site listed by the State Government;
- You are required to self-isolate or quarantine; or
- You have COVID-19 symptoms.
If these apply to you, please contact us as soon as possible via firstname.lastname@example.org
WEAR A MASK
We ask that all patrons wear a mask and practice social distancing where possible, in line with the State Government COVID safe regulations.
Please check in with the Safe WA app or manually register on arrival.
PRACTICE GENERAL HYGIENE
Please sanitise or wash your hands on arrival and departure and at other necessary times.
That’s perfectly fine, if you show us proof of an exemption, we will check you off for access to the event, we just need to site it the same way we do a certificate of vaccination.
If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine for a medical reason, a doctor will update your record on the Australian Immunisation Register to show that you have a medical exemption. You can then show proof of your medical exemption when entering the club.
Acceptable forms of a medical exemption include:
- The ServiceWA app, the WA Government’s free, convenient and secure mobile application to show proof of your COVID-19 vaccinations
- Your COVID-19 digital certificate (that shows your medical exemption) through myGov (external link) or the Express Plus Medicare mobile app (external link)
- Your certificate stored in a smartphone’s wallet
- A hardcopy of your certificate, along with an acceptable form of identification
- A digital or hardcopy of your immunization history statement, along with an acceptable form of identification.
Anyone who is 16 years and over who has not been double vaccinated or cannot show proof of vaccination certificate will not be permitted into all the main Shore Leave events. For details on the events that don’t require proof of vaccination please email email@example.com
You will not be able to access the main Shore Leave events
International travellers who receive a recognised COVID-19 vaccine (external link) overseas can also show proof of their vaccinations or medical exemptions while in WA.
Travellers vaccinated in other countries will be able to present certificates in formats that meet particular criteria.
For more information, visit Guidance on foreign vaccination certificates (external link).